SAG Awards 2016 Recap: Idris Elba Wins Big and More Major Moments
The SAG Awards knows what’s up: Get the biggest stars in Hollywood all in a room together with an open bar, and you’re bound to have an exciting show. We didn’t even need a host to enjoy ourselves! So, what were the best moments of the night? These nine definitely stood out the most to us, so let’s recap. (P.S. For more from the 2016 SAG Awards, check out the best hair and makeup, the full list of the night’s big winners, the prettiest updos from every angle, and the most gorgeous dresses on the red carpet.)
1. Sarah Silverman taking the time to put on a fake mustache and glasses. She could have worn ’em all night, and she still would have made my personal “best dressed” list.
2. Jason Bateman telling Jeffrey Tambor, “Get up here, Dad.” My Arrested Development-loving heart skipped a beat in that moment.
4. Idris Elba is on FIRE. The actor won not one, but two SAG Awards tonight. (And so well-deserved: He was totally snubbed when he didn’t get an Oscar nod for Beasts of No Nation.) On top of that, he is a very, very sexy man—so wins all around.
5. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler!!!!! Didn’t seeing them on stage together at an awards show make you miss their Golden Globes hosting gigs? Bring ’em back! As Carol Burnett said, “You guys are the whole ball of wax.”
6. Speaking of Carol Burnett, what a legend. From Steve Carell escorting her to the stage to her speech about how she was told comedy variety shows are “a man’s game” and blazed past that anyway, every moment with her tonight was a treasure. Carol, I too am so glad we had this time together.
7. I always look forward to Viola Davis’ speeches at awards shows. And tonight was no exception. Adding the statement “Why do I have to be a hero? Why do you have to like me?” to my morning mantra.
8. Brie Larson reveals she used to feel “deeply unlovable.” Aww, just like Ben Higgins! We love you, Brie (and you too, Ben).
9. Leonardo DiCaprio wins! And, feeling generous because he knows the Oscar is basically his, he gifted us with a Titanic/Kate Winslet reunion hug.
Come back to Glamour.com tomorrow morning—we’ll have all the scoop on the best behind-the-scenes moments from the red carpet and more!
Watch Celebrities Do Their Favorite Movie Impressions on the Red Carpet:
Photos: Getty Images