So it's Valentine's Day and you get to go on a date with any modern movie character — who do you pick? According to over 1,000 movie fans polled by Fandango, this year's most dateable movie characters have something in common: they're both Marvel superheroes and they both starred in the same 2015 movie: Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) topped the list, perhaps because they're both fierce fighters and seductively mysterious. (Well that, and he looks good with his shirt off and she looks good in tight black outfits. That doesn't hurt either.) Both Thor and Black Widow beat out some hefty competition in the form of Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence), Rey (Daisy Ridley), Captain America (Chris Evans) and James Bond (Daniel Craig).
Now, whether Thor and Black Widow are actually dateable… that's up for debate. Black Widow is a tough one — she's got an unsavory past, she's always tied up on some kind of dangerous mission, and the one dude she kinda has a thing for turns into a giant green monster when he's angry. Good luck competing with that, fellas!
As for Thor, he technically has a girlfriend in Natalie Portman's Jane Foster, but talk about the worst kind of long-distance relationship — I mean the dude lives in another realm! How are you supposed to Facetime with someone who's from another realm?
Let us know what movie characters you'd like to date. And check out the full poll results below.
Most Dateable Contemporary Female (from 2015 movies):
1. Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson, Avengers: Age of Ultron
2. Katniss/Jennifer Lawrence, Hunger Games: Mockingjay–Part 2
3. Rey/Daisy Ridley, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
4. Anastasia Steele/Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
5. Letty/Michelle Rodriguez, Furious 7
Most Dateable Contemporary Male (from 2015 movies):
1. Thor/Chris Hemsworth, Avengers: Age of Ultron
2. Captain America/Chris Evans, Avengers: Age of Ultron
3. James Bond/Daniel Craig, SPECTRE
4. Tony Stark/Iron Man/Robert Downey Jr., Avengers: Age of Ultron
5. Adonis Creed/Michael B. Jordan, Creed
Most Dateable Classic-Movie Heartthrob Male:
1. Noah/Ryan Gosling, The Notebook
2. Jack/Leo DiCaprio, Titanic
3. Johnny/Patrick Swayze, Dirty Dancing
4. Edward Lewis/Richard Gere, Pretty Woman
5. Han Solo/Harrison Ford, Star Wars
Most Dateable Classic-Movie Heartthrob Female:
1. Rose/Kate Winslet, Titanic
2. Vivian Ward/Julia Roberts, Pretty Woman
3. Princess Leia/Carrie Fisher, Star Wars
4. Allie/Rachel McAdams, The Notebook
5. Mia Wallace/Uma Thurman, Pulp Fiction